- Performance Based Grants (PBG) are being provided to encourage the overall skill development of the Union Parishads which have received Basic Block Grants (BBG). The allocation is given to the Union Parishads who demonstrate proficiency in various aspects of financial and revenue management, such as increase in revenue, rate of revenue collection, transparency and accountability, public participation, planning and budgeting and reporting.
- Based on the quality of efficiency, 75% of the first tier Union Parishads at the district level are being divided into three parts.
- In terms of efficiency, the first 25% of union councils receive an additional 30% of their Basic Block Grants (BBG).
- The next 25% union councils receive an additional 20% of their Basic Block Grants (BBG).
- The next 25% of union councils receive an additional 10% of their Basic Block Grants (BBG).
- An intermediate evaluation program will be conducted in the 3rd year of the project. Necessary steps in this regard will be taken in the coming years based on the information obtained through intermediate evaluation.
Year wise Performance Based Grants (PBG) projection
In crores taka