Expanded Block Grants (EBG)
EBG allocation to pilot Pourashavas are determined according to a two step process;
- 25% of the EBG allocation is divided equally among all participating Pourashava;
- The remaining 75% is distributed among Pourashavas that meet the Minimum Conditions (MCs) based on a simple formula that takes into account the population of Pourashava.
Minimum Conditions include:
- Annual financial audit report having no adverse and disclaimer audit opinion;
- Functional Town Level Coordination Committee (TLCC);
- Regular/timely preparation and submission of financial and progress reports to PMU, LGSP-3 and Local Government Division (LGD);
- Pourashava Grants is disbursed directly to qualifying Pourashavas in two six-monthly installments.
- EBG allocations are used to finance a range of operational, and development expenditures such as road maintenance, solid waste collection and disposal and other municipal services etc.
- EBG funds cannot be used for any kind of staff salaries and in any schemes mentioned in the negative list of Pourashava Operational Manual (POM).